March 2, 2015

Reading Review Week: Remi"missing" the Best Stories!

I love how this class is structured; I really do. At times I get frustrated because it has something due every single day, but really all that does is force me to be disciplined. Everything about this class is exactly opposite from any of my other classes: the teacher actually cares; I am allowed to be creative; there is no "right" answer; I get to tailor the course to my interests; I am on my own time. It's been a very 'stretching' experience, but a very rewarding one.

Looking back to my reading diaries, I honestly just laugh out loud. It is like reading a note from a friend in 7th grade, but slightly less dramatic. I remember writing each of the posts and they took me back through the readings, highlighting my favorite parts. Nostalgia. I also noticed a trend in my writing. The first half of my posts included a favorite quote or two from the stories I read, and some of the last few posts just provided a short review of what I had read. I like when I include quotes, because it allows me to remember my favorite parts of the original text. I think from now on, I'm going to try and include my favorite quotes from the reading for my diaries.

I didn't typically use my diaries in conjunction with my storytelling posts, but I truly do think that would be helpful. It would allow me to know the individual story that I am rewriting on a more thorough level. I still stand by my loving the units that flow from story to story, though, because to me it just seems more like a book! 

Overall, I've enjoyed the class so far. It's challenged me to become a more creative writer, as well as become more tech savvy! (Which I really needed!)

My favorite pic from my readings was the one of Mother Teresa. In fact, I almost posted it again on the reading for this past week just because she was on my mind! She is a woman whose life is worth studying. One of my favorite Mother Teresa quotes is this:
I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

 Image Cred: Wikimedia Commons

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand what you mean about having something due everyday. I also find that at least it keeps me motivated and keeps me from falling too behind. I seem to fall into that pattern in other classes so it is nice that this one actually forces me to stay on track. I also really like the quote you put on here from Mother Teresa.

    ReplyDelete